It’s now been January 1, 2016 on the east coast for a good while, which means it’s time to review how I did in 2015!
Below are a complete list of my published novels, published short stories, short story experiments, and blog posts from last year.
Looking back on it now, I actually had a fairly productive 2015!
- 2 Novels Revised, Edited, and Published
- 1 Completed Novel Revised Per Writing Group Feedback
- Supremacy’s Shadow (Espionage Sci-Fi)
- 2 Novel First Drafts Completed
- Whispers of Murder (Paranormal Mystery)
- Loose Circuit (Cyberpunk Police Procedural)
- 2 Short Stories Published
- 2 Short Story Contest Wins
- 5 Short Story Experiments Written
- 1 Author Interview
- 12 Blog Posts Written
- “Someone Else Got There First – Now What?” – Gamewords
- “Writing the Sequel – Demonkin” – Armand Rosamilia’s Blog
- “First Impressions of the Gear VR” – Gamewords
- “When Should a Writer Kill Off their Characters?” – Dispatches from the Word Mines, C.S. MacCath’s Blog
- “On the Use of Dialogue Tags in Fiction” – Gamewords
- “A Day in the Life of a Space Bounty Hunter” – Gamewords
- “Thoughts on Self-Publishing: Books vs Games – Part 3” – Gamewords
- “Thoughts on Self-Publishing: Books vs Games – Part 2” – Gamewords
- “Thoughts on Self-Publishing: Books vs Games – Part 1” – Gamewords
- “Using Similes in Speculative Fiction” – Ailionora, Janine Spendlove’s Blog
- “A Day in the Life of a Space Trucker” – Gamewords
- “Why VR Is Actually Here (This Time”) – Gamewords
Looking forward to 2016, I don’t have anything set in stone (Bloodmender is slated for the first part of 2017) but I already know I’ll be querying Supremacy’s Shadow, revising Whispers of Murder, writing, revised, and editing Bloodmender, and probably writing some new short stories.
Also in 2016, expect more themed writing experiments for Fantasy-Faction’s monthly writing contest (one new 1500 word story each month!) and a yet unannounced short story sale I’ll talk more about soon.
Happy New Year, everyone!